Facts & Figures
TOP 10 Reasons to Live on Campus in 2017
- Living ORANGE! Living Orange is the total college experience. At no other time in your life will you be able to experience all of the things available to you in the halls such as new cultures, new friendships, academic support and success, community involvement, diversity, and ways of viewing the world. Live on campus, make better
- Learning On-campus housing offers twenty-three Living and Learning Communities which give residents the opportunity to take classes with others who share the same major, interest or culture. They also live together to strengthen those experiences outside of the classroom. The LLCs provide mentoring, study groups, and special programs.
- Satisfaction With over 30 dining options on campus you will never go hungry! From convenience stores to all you care to eat cafeterias, from national franchises to sit down restaurants, from sushi to steak, there is something for everyone's taste and appetite. And you don't have to grocery shop!
- Friendship Living on campus you interact and make friends with people from across Oklahoma and around the world. Your new best friend is just a door away!
- Support Housing and Residential Life student and professional staff are onsite 24 hours a day to provide you with personal and academic support. We are here for you!
- Connections All of the rooms/units are hard wired for Ethernet connects, and all of the public spaces have wireless Internet connections. In addition, all bedrooms and living rooms have cable TV outlets. You are wired and ready to go!
- Safety OSU boasts one of the safest campuses in the Big XII and the residence halls are no exception. You and your safety are our top priority. The card access entry system and fire suppression systems are just two examples of what Housing and Residential Life are doing to make your halls safe. OSU Police is readily available 24/7 and they provide emergency assistance as well as campus escorts.
- Knowledge It has been proven time and again that students who live on campus make better grades, are more involved, and graduate earlier than students who live off campus. Not to mention study groups, tutors, academic resource centers: if you are concerned about your academics, this is the place for you!
- Convenience When you live on campus you can roll out of bed, hop in the shower, and make it to class with time to spare. No worries about traffic, busses, circling for parking spots – you get at least an extra half hour of sleep a day!
- The Easy Life You don't have to worry about the maintenance issues – the University is your landlord! There is 24-hour emergency maintenance staff on-call. In addition, you only have one bill to pay each month, not five or six like your off-campus counterparts. You have the rest of your life to live off campus. Relax and let us take care of you.