Moving Day Guidelines
Move in day is an exciting time for everyone!
These tips can help everyone navigate move in day with ease:
- Traffic: Please watch for signs directing traffic. There is a great deal of construction on campus, and routes have been selected to minimize traffic congestion.
- Dress comfortably: It is August in Oklahoma – it is going to be hot! Wear closed toe shoes or athletic shoes. You will be walking a great deal, climbing stairs, and balancing boxes – that is hard to do in flip flops.
- Bring a dolly: We will have some carts and furniture dollies for use, but it will make things go much faster if you bring your own dolly or hand cart.
- Parking: Over 3,000 students will be moving to campus on, so once you unload your belongings, please move your car to a designated overflow lot. This will ensure that your car is safe, and ensure there will be ample parking for other residents to move into the halls. This is a team effort! Please do not park on sidewalks, in front of trash/recycling dumpsters, or in specially marked spaces. OSU Parking Services will be monitoring handicapped spots to ensure they are used only by those displaying the correct identification. Be sure to display your OSU Parking Permit to avoid being ticketed.
- Recycling: We expect to have thousands of cardboard boxes discarded during move-in. There will be marked recycling bins near the trash areas outside of the buildings and volunteers to ensure cardboard does not end up going to the landfill. PLEASE, break down your boxes and bring them to the marked recycling bins.
- Have fun! This is an exciting time! Share your photos on social media, and be sure to use #iamokstate