Discover HOW (Health Occupations & Wellness)
The Discover HOW Living Learning Program is a community for students who are passionate about health and wellness and might be interested in making it a career. Living in Discover HOW, you'll meet other students, faculty, and staff with similar interests and experiences. You will focus on peer health education, leadership development, and professional and personal growth. Living here will help you discover whether health and wellness is the career path for you and also will help you live your healthiest life.
- Build a community with individuals sharing similar career goals and wellness interests.
- Interact with faculty and staff that can help provide applicable guidance.
- Discover opportunities with peer health education, leadership, job shadowing, internships & observations.
- Participate in building communities and learning about applicable clubs and organizations.
Requirements & Expectations
- Residents are expected to actively participate in the program by attending 75% of the meetings and 4 other LLP sponsored/approved events per semester.
- Residents are expected to maintain a minimum 2.75 semester GPA.
- Residents must maintain active status with at least one approved organization that is relative to the overall mission of the LLP. Organization approval is up to the discretion of the LLP director.
- Work with LLP staff to achieve two NACE career-readiness competencies each semester.