The College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology's Maude Squad Living Learning Program was created to build a community where women feel more comfortable in engineering classes and develop important relationships with peers. Named for Maude Spears, the first woman to receive a degree in engineering from Oklahoma A&M College, Maude's Squad will provide you with resources in a common living environment that will enrich your professional and educational advancement.
- Living in a diverse community of students focused on careers in Engineering, Architecture and Technology
- Quiet study area - an extension of the CEAT Student Excellence Center with the necessary tools to help our students succeed (printers, 3D printers, marker boards, etc.)
- Community-style living with other CEAT freshmen to assist with making connections on campus
- Free weekly tutoring and career coaching
- Mentoring with CEAT upperclassmen, otherwise known as PEATEs
- Special programming including informal interactions with CEAT faculty and Engineering, Architecture and Technology professionals
- Synergy with Institutional Diversity located nearby in Scott Hall
Requirements & Expectations
Pre-CEAT students in the community must have completed the CEAT Summer Bridge program. Residents are expected to maintain a minimum 2.8 semester GPA, attend at least five CEAT-sponsored programs per semester, maintain active status with at least one CEAT organization, and active participate in academic support pairing within the LLP community. If you are a female freshmen in the College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology, you are eligible for this LLP.