Housing and Residential Life: Coronavirus Information
We are strongly encouraging a reduced occupancy in on-campus housing for the rest of the spring semester. This decision was made to protect the health of our entire campus community – students, faculty and staff.
While we sincerely hope that you will make that decision, we recognize that is simply not possible for a limited number of students. If you have no alternative, we will accommodate you, although dining options will be limited. If this is your situation, please complete this form.
Appropriate adjustments will be made on a case by case basis for housing and dining charges for those who move out.
Preparing to Check Out
- Move out times will start Monday, March 23 and be available through April 3, 2020. Time slots are available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. You should select a time through the form in the email sent to you. If you cannot vacate by April 3, please complete and submit this form.
- You should take one hour to move if you live in a traditional hall or single suite room, and one and a half hours if you live in a multi-person suite or apartment.
- Please bring as few people as possible with you to move. This will help us limit possible virus exposure and spread.
- You do not need to clean your living space. We want you to move your belongings and exit campus quickly.
- Once you’ve moved out, Housing and Residential Life staff will assess units for any damages. If found, residents will be charged accordingly.
- If you leave any items in your living space, it will be disposed of, so please take everything with you.
- There will be additional large roll-off containers for trash. They will be located in the parking lots near the halls. Please be sure to take your trash to the appropriate dumpsters as you vacate campus.
- If you have items you no longer want or wish to donate, please take them with you and make plans to donate them once you arrive at your final destination. This is also an effort to combat the potential spreading of the virus.
- If you need to store any of your belongings, there are several local, regional and national businesses that offer storage options. Please check with them for availability and details.
Checking out from your Residential Hall
- Once you have your belongings packed and moved out, you will need to check out of on-campus housing. Please go to the location assigned to your residence hall:
- Patchin-Jones, Wentz, Stout and Parker Halls: Wentz Hall Front Desk
- Bennett Hall: Bennett Hall Front Desk
- Villages and Iba Halls: Village CASNR Front Desk
- Kamm, Peterson-Friend, Booker-Stinchcomb, Zink-Allen, Bost, Davis, Sitlington, Young, Morsani-Smith, McPherson, Payne-Ellis, Carreker East and Carreker West: Griffith Community Center
- University Commons: West University Commons Front Desk
- You will be asked to complete a key envelope, insert your room and mail keys, and return your keys to the staff on site. You will also be asked to sign a check-out form.
- Please complete the mail forwarding form by clicking here. All mail and packages will be forwarded to the address you provide in this form.
Remaining on Campus
If you choose to remain on campus, you may be asked to relocate to another location within campus housing. During this time of limited staff and services, this allows us to consolidate and offer the best customer service possible. If you are asked to relocate to a hall or area that has a different rate than what you are currently paying, you will pay either the new rate or your existing rate, whichever is lower.
To remain on campus, you will also be required to complete a health screening provided by University Health Services.