CASNR Freshmen In Transition (FIT) LLP
About the LLP
Freshmen in Transition (FIT) is a residential living-learning program that helps students in the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (CASNR) transition into college. FIT focuses on helping students make the most of their freshman year experience by asking them to make a commitment to become actively engaged in all aspects of college life. FIT provides opportunities for personal, professional and academic growth through engagement, service and networking.
- Live with other CASNR freshmen in Village CASNR.
- Promotes community building through interaction with other CASNR students and mentors.
- Provides students with leadership opportunities on campus and participation in leadership/professional development workshops.
- Contribute to the community through service activities.
- Live with FIT Student Academic Mentors (FIT SAMs) who are CASNR upper-classmen that serve as a built-in support system.
- FIT SAMs establish a sense of community and coordinate on-going programming activities for FIT students to encourage students to become engaged and involved.
Requirements & Expectations
- Attend CASNR sponsored activities
- Maintaining (or earning) a 3.0 GPA
- Participating in small group and large group activities
- Developing professional and leadership skills
- Involvement in CASNR and OSU
- Expanding personal and educational interests
- Communication and networking with faculty
- Engaging in community building and wellness activities
- $150 participation due
- View detailed list of expectations (PDF)