Okstate F1rst LLP
About the LLP
The OKSTATEF1RST living learning program is a residential community designed for new first-generation college students. OKSTATEF1RST will assist students in transitioning into college by providing resources and activities that promote student success at Oklahoma State University. The OKSTATEF1RST Living Learning Program will foster a diverse community by providing opportunities to strengthen self-awareness, social interactions, peer connections, academic excellences and leadership while giving back to OSU and the global community.
- OKSTATE F1RST is a community where first generation students are provided resources necessary for a successful transition into the OSU environment.
- Participants will be able to move in early and be a part of leadership training and college transition programing.
- Participants will be given opportunities for mentorship and community service.
- Activities will be provided each month on topics such as choosing a major, finances, study abroad, study skills and many more.
- OKSTATE F1RST LLP students will be able excel and grow here at OSU while developing lifelong friendships with other first generation students.
Requirements & Expectations
- Attend one Okstate F1rst activity a month
- Apply for a first generation program at OSU such as First2Go, RISE (Retention Initiative for Student Excellence Program), SSS – Student Support Services (Trio), or OK-LSAMP
- Participate in one community service event each semester
- Meet with an academic success coach once a month
- Attend five hours of tutoring/study sessions weekly