Skip to main content

Renters Insurance

Residents are strongly encouraged to purchase renters insurance to protect their personal belongings. The university provides coverage only in limited circumstances, such as when the university is directly responsible for damages. In situations caused by inclement weather, theft, mechanical failures or other circumstances, residents are responsible for any damages that may occur to their personal property. 


The university recommends discussing whether you need renters insurance with your insurance agent or checking with the providers of parent's/guardian's homeowners insurance for coverage options.


You may also consider purchasing a plan through your insurance agent or through University Student Services. Select the OSU logo and learn more.

Back To Top