College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology (CEAT)
First-year students majoring in the College of Engineering, Architecture, and Technology (CEAT) can take advantage of our dedicated Living Learning Program (LLP) in Parker Hall.
The recently renovated residence hall features traditional-style living with specialized services and programs, including mentoring with upper classmates (PEATEs), free on-site tutoring and regular interaction with CEAT faculty and staff through socials and presentations.
CEAT LLP was designed to offer several different living styles within Parker Hall:
Second Floor — Women Only
This floor was originally created to build a community where women feel more comfortable in engineering classes and develop important relationships with peers. You might hear it referred to as Maude’s Squad—named for Maude Spears, the first woman to receive a degree in engineering from Oklahoma A&M College.
Third Floor — Men Only with a diversity, equity and inclusion focus
The Diversity Engineering Floor (DEF) was created to build an inclusive community where students feel more comfortable in engineering classes and develop valuable relationships with peers. The DEF floor was designed with all students in mind and will provide unique resources and programming for CEAT students. The DEF floor is a great way to instantly get plugged in to the OSU CEAT community, as well as help enrich your academic experience.
Fourth Floor — Men Only
Fifth Floor — Men Only
- Living in a community of students focused on careers in Engineering, Architecture, and Engineering Technology
- Quiet study area—an extension of the CEAT Student Excellence Center with the necessary tools to help our students succeed (printers, 3D printers, marker boards etc.)
- Free, on-site tutoring facilitated by CEAT tutors
- Career coaching with CEAT Career Services
- Mentoring with CEAT upper classmates known as PEATEs
- Special programming including informal interactions with CEAT faculty and staff
- Industry tours and presentations
- Dedicated support from the CEAT in-residence staff member
Requirements and Expectations
Student admitted directly to CEAT
To live in the CEAT Parker Hall LLP, students must participate in, and complete, the CEAT Summer Bridge Program.
First-year pre-CEAT students can take advantage of CEAT LLP if they apply and are accepted to the Summer Bridge Program. Pre-CEAT students are unable to live in the LLP if they do not participate, and complete the Summer Bridge Program.
Coordinator of Student Engagement
115 Engineering North