Skip to main content


Living on campus can come with a lot of questions but don't worry we have you covered. 

Single Student Housing Community Rules and Standards Handbook (pdf)

FGSH Community Rules and Standards Handbook (pdf)

Registering for Housing


  • How do I begin the process to live in the resident halls? 
    Begin with the Housing Registration Portal page and follow the instructions. Be sure to browse the Housing Options page too.
  • How do I select my room in the application?
  • Can you explain the process for roommate groups?

    Room selection:

      • Filter by:
        • Room style
        • Building
        • Select all
    • On the right side of the screen will be all the rooms, suites, deluxe suites and apartments available.
      • Select an option. It will tell you how many spaces are available. For example: A four-bedroom suite have three spaces available, it will say “3 spaces available.”
      • Select the space you want.
      • If you are the leader of a group, you will be able to assign each of your roommates in the rest of the spaces. Note that you need to select a suite or apartment with enough spaces available for the size of your group.
      • After assigning your self and your roommates, click continue.
      • Confirm your room selection.
      • You will  be able to see the room you selected and the names and contact information of each of your roommates.


Before Moving-In



Campus Breaks


ESAs/Service Animals/Pets


Halls, Rooms and Community Space


Student Accessibility Services





Getting Settled


  • Can you explain what Roompact is? is where residents will do their room inspections/ damage forms when moving in and out. Residents can access various forms such as room change requests, contract breaks, mail forwarding addresses, and emergency contact changes. Roompact is used to communicate with residents. 


Roommates and Room Assignments




Service Desks/Mailing/Addresses






Selected Staff Positions in Housing

  • Who are the ResLife Ambassadors?
    The ResLife Ambassadors are our friendly student staff who answer phones and greet you when you visit the Iba office. The ambassadors are essential to our day-to-day operations and can offer insight into campus life. 
  • Who are the Community Mentors (CM)? 
    Community Mentors (traditionally called residential assistants (RA) live in your halls and can help you with any issues you might have. Stop by their rooms to ask for advice or just to talk. Their rooms are labeled. You can also contact the CM on-call. 
  • Who are the RCEs and the ARCEs? 
    RCEs are the residential community educators, while the ARCEs are assistant residential community educators. RCEs supervise hall staff and operations, and available to assist you. ARCE’s are graduate students who assist our professional staff.  





Back To Top