OSU Policies for Conferences
If you were allotted space in the OSU Housing for a camp or conference group, you must follow and abide by university policies and procedures. This includes all participants, chaperones, coaches, parents and personnel.
Policies, procedures and standards are detailed in the Housing Community Rules and Standards Handbook (pdf).
We've selected the most asked-about services and policies and highlighted them below:
Mail and Package Delivery
- OSU cannot guarantee the delivery of mail or packages.
- Housing and Residential Life Conference Services is not responsible for lost mail or packages.
- We strongly discourage participants who are staying on campus for less than a week to plan on receiving mail.
- If you plan on mail or package delivery, use the following address template for your address. All mail is delivered to 086 Bennett Hall for campus delivery.
OSU Housing and Residential Life Conference Services
Camp or Conference Group Name
Participant’s First and Last Name
086 Bennett Hall
Stillwater, OK 74078-2051
- Each residential building used for summer conferences and camp has laundry facilities, which are provided free of charge; however, you must bring your own detergent and cleaning supplies.
Damages and Fees
- Each camp or conference group is responsible for any damages that occur during their time within the residential halls.
- All damages, cleaning fees, etc., will be issued to the group in the final billing statement.
- It is the group’s responsibility to secure reimbursement for any damages and/or fees from their participants.
- OSU Housing and Residential Life does not issue master keys to camp or conference groups for any reason.
- All keys issued to camp and conference groups and their participants must be returned during the checkout process. Any keys not returned or unaccounted for will be deemed lost.
- Each lost or damaged key will incur a $100 per key replacement fee regardless of housing style.
- Lost or damaged key fees are billed to the camp or conference group.
- It is then the camp or conference group’s responsibility to secure reimbursement for lost or damaged key fees from their participants.
- All vehicles must have an OSU parking pass to park on campus.
- Contact the conference coordinator to order parking passes for your camp or conference. You will pick the passes up at check-in.
Smoking and Vaping
- All facilities at OSU, including Housing and Residential Life facilities are smoke-free and vape-free.
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages in any residence hall or on university grounds is prohibited.
- OSU requires a Certificate of Insurance at least 30 days before arrival that insures the camp or conference group a minimum of:
- Commercial General Liability: $1,000,000 each occurrence;
- Commercial Automobile Liability: $1,000,000 each occurrence;
- Workers’ Compensation as required by statute and employer’s liability: $100,000.
- The certificate provided will establish that the coverage provided is PRIMARY and that any insurance carried by the university is excess.
Youth and Minors on Campus
- OSU requires camp or conference groups to provide adult, live-in, staff supervision for any minors (younger than 18 years of age) associated with the camp or conference group.
- The ratio of required adult, live-in, staff supervision to participants (of the same gender) must be 15 to one (1:15).
- This is the minimum number permitted unless a special prior arrangement is made between the camp or conference group and Housing and Residential Life Conference Services.
- These adult, live-in, staff (counselors, coaches, etc.) will act as liaisons for and with the OSU's staff in the event of discipline, noise or destructive behavior.
- The group's adult, live-in, staff must be in the Housing and Residential Life building(s) at all times when participants are also present.
- All camp or conference groups must receive and abide by all minors on-campus training and procedures outlined in the OSU A&M Board of Regents approved policy 1-0135 when youth are involved.