All FGSH residents are welcome to attend the Adult Programs. Registration for these programs must be completed before you attend.
Once registered you can attend as many of the classes that you wish. The classes are taught by a variety of educators, including faculty, (current and retired), graduate students, and students training to teach English as a second language. Attendance and participation will be rewarded at the end of each semester, through the form of certificates.
2021 Fall Schedule
- English with Bailey: Monday 9:00am – 9:45am
- English in Stories: Tuesday 1:00pm – 1:45pm
- American Culture: Tuesday 4:00pm - 4:45pm
- Table Talk: Wednesday 9:00am – 9:45am
- Leadership Class: Wednesday 10:00am – 11:00am
- Financial Seminar Series: Chase Bank: Every Third Thursday of the Month, 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- Cooking Demonstration: Friday 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- English with Bailey
- Come join us to improve your English skills! This class will include four four-week-long units over each of the styles of communication: reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- English in Stories
- In this class, we will practice various English skills and develop critical thinking skills through the presentation and reading of stories and fairy tales. Each week a new story will be discussed with opportunities to learn about other cultures as we explore different versions of the same story.
- American Culture
- Come join us to learn about American Culture. In this class, you will develop English skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing as we learn about various aspects of American culture, including sports, literature, food, entertainment, holidays, and Native American culture.
- Table Talk
- This course will help in developing everyday conversation skills, critical thinking skills, and listening comprehension as we discuss daily life and other topics. Every week, there will be a new conversation topic to discuss that will help with not only English skills but communication skills.
- Dr. Frost Leadership Class
- This class will lead International Adults, who are part of the OSU community, to develop greater skills in Leadership. Contrary to some opinion, much of Leadership is Skill that can be developed. Leadership skills are foundational in all successful enterprises -- business, politics, science, personal friendships and even in one’s own family.
- Financial Seminar Series: Chase Bank
- Through December, Chase Bank representatives will host a financial literacy program on the 3rd Thursday of each month. Join us in Person at the FRC to receive useful information.
- Cooking Demonstration
- Do you like to cook? Sign up to cook and show fellow residents how to cook your favorite meal. Cooks will provide Staff with ingredients and recipes two weeks in advance so they can acquire everything that you need.
- Sign up for you specific Friday that you would like to cook on. Cooing Demo will be 11:30am –1:30pm for cooking participants.