Alcohol & Tobacco
Consuming, possessing, manufacturing, distributing, selling, or serving alcoholic beverages on university premises (including residence halls and sorority and fraternity housing) or at university-sponsored activities regardless of age, except as expressly permitted by university policy. Knowingly being in the presence of alcohol where it is not permitted on campus is also prohibited.
The following are also violations on or off campus:
- Public intoxication or under the influence of alcohol
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or while impaired
- Actual physical control of a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol
- Providing alcohol to individuals under 21 years of age
- Social Host: Providing a location for any individual under 21 years of age to possess or consume alcohol
- Transporting an open container of alcohol
- Incapacitation due to alcohol
- Possession or use of a fake ID
- Underage in possession of alcohol
- Underage in a liquor (package) store.
Lawful and responsible alcohol consumption is permitted only in designated areas of the OSU campus, properties, and facilities as authorized by the Board of Regents.
Using tobacco in any form or using electronic cigarettes (vaping) on campus, as prohibited by OSU Policy and Procedures Letter No. 1-0530. Possessing tobacco under the age of 21. Possession of hookahs are prohibited by Housing and Residential Life.