Housing and Residential Life has a dedicated Facilities team to assist you while you're living on campus. If you have any facility-related problems or concerns, please contact the Facilities Office at (405)744-8510. We are open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
After hours, weekends, university closures, and holidays please contact OSU Facilities Maintenance at (405)744-7154.
- When I move in, am I able to bring my own small furniture such as a nightstand?
You can bring pieces to add storage to your living space but keep in mind that all spaces are already furnished and we can’t remove any pieces from the rooms.
If we need to install a bed or a bookshelf, is there any special service to help us?
Some FGSH units are unfurnished, but residents can request beds/mattresses. We encourage residents to consult the policies. There you can find information about what to bring, what to leave at home, and how to decorate your space. If you do plan to bring a bookshelf or other storage items, they should be free-standing and not attach to the walls. We are not able to offer installation assistance.
- How do I report a maintenance issue?
Call the Housing and Residential Life Facilities Office at (405)744-8510.
- Am I charged for a repair in my unit?
If maintenance is part of normal wear and tear, you are not charged. If the repair is a result of negligence or vandalism, then you could be charged. These are the exception, not the norm.
- What all do I need to do to prepare to move out this semester?
Once you have all your belongings packed, be sure to clean your unit thoroughly. You will schedule a checkout appointment with your CM and they will perform a final inspection of your living space. Any damages or vandalism will be noted and you will be charged.
- Can I send back my room key via mail if I’ve already moved off campus?
No, we are not able to accept keys by mail. You can return it to your hall staff or to the main Housing Office in Iba Hall.
- I heard if I used command strips, I should leave them. Is that true?
If you have command strips, LEAVE THEM. It is important to leave them and they will be removed this summer by Facilities Management. If you remove them and damage occurs, you will be charged.
- How much will I be charged for damages?
The costs vary on the type and size of the repair. You can find a listing of the average damage charges here.
- When do I have to pay for the repair? When I move out?
You are only charged if the repair is determined to be vandalism or neglect. Your bursar account will be charged when you move out.
- Who gets charged if I live in an apartment with roommates?If living with roommates and damages occur in the common living area, then the charges are split between residents.