Our mission is to provide safe, affordable, accessible, and well-maintained residential
communities, which encourage individuals to value learning, inclusion, citizenship,
and community engagement.
Our Vision is to Engage, Educate, Embrace and Empower.
- Promote Personal Development and Growth
- Foster Academic Excellence
- Provide Safe, Quality, and Sustainable Facilities
- Enhance the University Community and Campus Culture
- Celebrate Individual Differences
- Cultivate a Sense of Belonging
- Practice Fiscal Responsibility
- Continuously Improve Services
Need to know more?
Housing by the Numbers
Single Student Housing
- Total Number of Halls: 31
- Traditional Halls: 7
- Apartment Style Halls: 11
- Suite Style Halls: 13
- Residents come from 33 countries and 49 states
- Top 3 locations for SSH residents: Oklahoma, Texas, California
Family and Graduate Student Housing
- Neighborhoods: 6
- FGSH Apartment buildings: 54
- Total number of apartments: 581
- Residents come from 37 countries, and 18 states
- Top 3 locations for FGSH residents: United States, China, India
By the Numbers
- OSU was founded on Christmas Day 1890
- Housing and Residential Life celebrated its Centennial in 2010
- 3 Million of square feet within Housing and Residential Life
19,317 work orders submitted last year (July 1, 2018-June 30, 2019)
Currently living on campus?
Check out the Current Residents section for information on housing services, cable channel information, and a wealth of other knowledge and resources just for you.Housing Portal
Student or Faculty looking to rent?
Why not live right on-campus—where classes and all the great amenities on campus are within walking distance of your front door! Browse our Housing Options section for more reasons to join us on-campus.