All halls have common areas like dens, study lounges and other spaces perfect for hanging out. The provided furniture is for that specific house/floor and can’t be moved from the common areas to a resident’s room or other locations.
Community bathrooms are cleaned and restocked with a supplies.
Housing and Residential Life provides community kitchens in many halls. As a resident, you are responsible for keeping the kitchen clean and ready to use.
Keep the following rules in mind:
- Wash dishes after use.
- Put food away to reduce pests and odor.
- Write your name on food items placed in the refrigerator or kitchen area.
- Be sure to check items in the community refrigerators before leaving on breaks.
- ABM Services will clean the kitchen if all personal items are stored properly. They will not remove any food or personal items (pots, pans, silverware, etc.) from the kitchen area,
Housing and Residential Life provides laundry facilities in all residence halls and washers and dryers in undergraduate apartments. These facilities are free of charge and are provided for residents only. The university is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items. Report machine issues to the HRL Facilities Office or visit the appropriate Service Desk.
Housing and Residential Life offers a variety of recreation opportunities around the facilities and grounds.
- Sand Volleyball (Bennett, Griffith Community Center, Kamm/Peterson-Friend (KPF), Stout, and Villages)
- Basketball (Griffith Community Center, Morrison, Bennett, KPF, Patchin, and Villages)
- Lawn (Wentz)
- Putting Green (The Villages)
- Pool/Ping Pong Tables (various halls)
- BBQ Grills (Bennett, Griffith Community Center, KPF, Stout)
Oklahoma State University offers a variety of beverage and snack options in vending machines in Housing and Residential Life facilities. If you have a problem with a vending machine, contact the designated service provider found on the machine.