At checkout, if you have not met the following requirements, you will be charged an improper checkout fee of $150, which will be assessed and charged to your bursar account.
- Failure to set up checkout appointment with a community mentor (CM).
- Room/suite/apartment is not ready for the checkout appointment, which includes the following. See Move-Out Overview for instructions.
- Leaving personal items in the room.
- Failing to clean the room to specifications.
- Failing to return room/university furniture to its move-in configuration.
- Missing the checkout appointment.
If you leave personal items in your room/suite/apartment, the items will be removed at your expense. As the vacating resident, you will receive an e-mail notification and be given 30 days to claim your items. If no response is received within the 30-day deadline, the university will donate the items to a local charity. Removal and storage fees may be charged to your bursar account.
Common Area Damage
If the members of the community and Housing and Residential Life staff are unable to determine the individual(s) responsible for damages to common areas (lounges, hallways, lobbies, building exterior, etc.), all residents in that area will be billed. For this reason, we encourage you to report vandalism. It's one way you can reduce unnecessary costs.