Social Justice and Inclusion
Housing and Residential Life at Oklahoma State University is committed to fostering communities that value the diversity of its members and are free from discrimination. This includes creating and maintaining a safe and supportive environment where commonalities and differences are not just tolerated or accepted but embraced. All members of the community are equal and accountable to each other. We strive to create communities that are supportive, equitable, inclusive, and representative for all of our residents.
We're Committed to Our Community
- Serving as allies, advocates and resources to students of all backgrounds
- Recruiting staff members who share and foster our commitment to diversity
- Promoting reflection of personal attitudes, integrity, and values while developing new ways of thinking about social justice
- Supporting the idea that every person can bring about positive change
- Establishing an environment of awareness, reflection, respect and healing
- Providing educational programs to build a supportive community without fear of prejudice or bias
- Creating and supporting ongoing training and development of our staff in regard to social justice issues
In a community of scholars, there is no place for hateful behavior. This environment encompasses those of different physical/mental ability, age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, political affiliation, physical appearance, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other group protected by state or federal law. Our expectation is for individuals to understand and consider the positive and negative effects their actions have on the environment around them.
Gender Inclusive Living
Housing and Residential Life offers living spaces and support for incoming and current students who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, genderqueer, non-binary, and/or gender non-conforming. We encourage potential and current residents to connect with our Housing Assignments Team to choose the best living option. They can be reached at (405) 744-5592.