Move-in Process & Checklist
Moving into college is not without its challenges: Moving into a new town and a new place, changing schools, having to meet new people. However, for the same reasons it may also be filled with opportunities. Please see a list of important items to remember to pre-arrange when preparing for your move-in.
- Plan to arrive at the appointed day and time. Arrival will run smoothly if everyone arrives at appointed times/days.
- Coordinate room furnishings with roommates to prevent doubling up.
- Arrange optional services University and Student Services (discuss this with roommates as well).
- Pack only what is needed. Remember more can always be brought later.
- Review Housing and Residential Life prohibited items list.
- Send mail/packages to the campus address after move-in day to avoid items returned to sender.
- Park to avoid traffic congestion (After unloading, move vehicle to allocated parking lot).
- Review and complete the Room Condition Report in Roompact for accuracy to avoid damage billing for existing conditions.
- Attend the first floor meeting and read the Housing and Residential Life Handbook.