Why you should live on campus
Experience the value and the convenience of campus life. Discover new, opportunities and make life-long friends.
- One bill. There's value in living on campus. Rent, utilities, cable and internet are rolled into one bill. No deposit is required.
- Better GPA. Students who live on campus have better grades compared to those who live off campus. We have the stats!
- 9-month lease. Your lease begins in the fall and runs through the spring semester. Ask about the three-month summer lease, too.
- Unlimited, free laundry. Laundry is free for residents. Laundry rooms are located in every residence hall. Apartments feature full-size appliances, including a washer and dryer in each unit.
- Furnished rooms. We offer furnished units and different housing options to choose from.
- Public and private spaces. Whether you need a quiet place to study or a kitchen to make the gang a spaghetti dinner, we’ve got a space for every occasion.
- Peer advisers. Community mentors (CM) are fellow students trained to help you navigate college life and make the most of living on campus.
- Beyond the classroom. Consider applying for one of the Living Learning Programs and stay engaged—even when class is over.
- Meet new friends. Residential halls are close-knit communities with friends-to-be around the corner or next door.
- Get involved. There's no better way to engage with clubs, organizations and activities than to be part of the on-campus community. It's easy to find organizations, clubs and events using CampusLink or the online campus calendar.
- Eliminate the commute. Many students choose to work at OSU—it's even easier when you're living on campus. Work can be as easy as walking downstairs. Apply to be a desk assistant, an ambassador or a community mentor.
- Close to what matters. Classes, library, the big game—anywhere you want to go is minutes away by bike, scooter, bus or on foot.
- Technology. In addition to cable TV, ResLife provides fast, personal at-home-style Internet and Wi-Fi service with great customer support. Connect up to 10 devices and stay connected anywhere in the residential halls. And, look for printers near service desks.
- 24/7 maintenance. Repairs and maintenance are a phone call away.
- Safety. Housing and Residential Life’s number one priority is making sure our residents have a safe environment to live in. In addition to card swipe access to buildings and hall staff providing health and safety checks, we work closely with OSU Police and other agencies to keep everything secure.