So you're ready to start your conference planning, we've comprised a list of all the important things to start with! We can't wait to have you on campus soon!
How do I begin my planning?
Just complete an Intent to Schedule form and return it to the Conference Services Office. We will then determine the best housing option for your group needs and budget, and return a contract to you. When you have completed the contract and returned it to the office, your conference will be booked.
Can I tour the facilities?
Of course! Just let us know in advance, and we will be glad to show you all that OSU has to offer. OSU Conference Services accepts reservations for conferences throughout the year, and often a year or more in advance.
Reservations are accepted based on availability of facilities. Naturally, we encourage you to plan as far ahead as possible. With that in mind, we have provided the timeline listed below as a guide for you in planning your camp or conference.
4 - 6 months
- Intent to Schedule form is sent to the Conference Organizer
- Intent to Schedule form is completed and returned to Conference Services
- Meeting with Conference Services (if needed) is scheduled to discuss details of camp or conference.
- Contact is made with catering (if applicable) to discuss menus, etc.
- Contact is made with venues for meeting rooms (if applicable)
2 - 4 months
- Conference Agreement and other documentation is written and sent to the Conference Organizer
- Conference Agreement and other documentation is signed and returned by date specified to Conference Services
1 - 2 months
- Update on estimated numbers is provided to Conference Services
- All catering menus (if applicable) are confirmed/finalized with campus catering
- Certificate of Liability Insurance (if required) is sent to Conference Services
15 working days prior to arrival
- Guaranteed number of attendees provided to Conference Services
- Preliminary roster provided to Conference Services
- Guaranteed number of attendees provided to campus catering and meeting venues (when applicable)
5 working days prior to arrival
- Final roster provided to Conference Services
During the Conference
- Check-in of conference participants takes place at assigned residence hall
- Conference staff interacts daily with Conference Organizer and Participants
- Guest evaluations are submitted at front desk of assigned hall
- After check-out, conference departs from campus After the Conference
- Final master bill is compiled and mailed to Conference Organizer
- Payment from Conference Organizer is received within thirty days of billing date